A way of highlighting and explaining much of the mining-industrial heritage is by restoring the remains of the operation which still exist and by changing other parts, orienting it towards new uses through introduction of tourist and leisure products.
Among all these works that have been carried out over a period of time are:
• Restoration started in 1989 of the 5 calcination furnaces for the group of Vilaoudriz Mines.
• The restoration of the old train station, initially assigning it as the Civic Centre and years later, as the tourist office.
• Pedestrianising of the “Praza dos Fornos” in 2010.
• Currently the restoration works of the furnace are being completed including Boulloso and its surrounding facilities (loading hoppers, Boulloso tunnel, etc …).
• A giant zip line will also be installed in the same location as the original cable of the old “aerial tramway”.
• Additionally, the necessary consultation work is being carried out to enable access for the general public, to the galleries of the old Consuelo Mine.